At least 20 dead and 100+ injured during a mass shooting at the Route 91 Music Festival in Las Vegas, Nevada

.

BREAKING NEWS: Las Vegas shooter killed himself before police arrived, had in excess of 10 guns – Las Vegas sheriff Homeland security department says no specific credible threat involving other public venues in U.S. after Las Vegas shooting – statement

This is a breaking news story. Reuters’ original story is here: 

LAS VEGAS, Nevada, Oct 2 (Reuters) – At least 50 people were killed and more than 400 injured when a gunman opened fire on a country music festival Las Vegas Strip on Sunday, raining down bullets from the 32nd floor of a hotel for several minutes before he was shot dead by police.

The death toll, which police emphasized was preliminary, would make the attack the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history, eclipsing last year’s massacre of 49 people at an Orlando nightclub.

Some 22,000 people were in the crowd when the man opened fire, sending panicked people fleeing the scene, in some cases trampling one another, as law enforcement officers scrambled to locate and kill the gunman. Shocked concertgoers, some with blood on their clothes, wandered the streets after the attack.

At least 406 people were taken to area hospitals with injuries, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police said.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.