1. There was no bill for electricity in Libya, electricity was free for all its citizens during Gaddafi’s reign.
2. There was no interest on loans, banks in Libya were state-owned and loans were given to all its citizens at 0% interest by law.
3. Home was considered a human right in Libya – Gaddafi vowed that his parents would not get a house until everyone in Libya had a home. Gaddafi’s father died while he, his wife and his mother were still living in a tent during his reign.
4. All newlyweds in Libya received $60,000 Dinar (US$ 50,000 ) by the government to buy their first apartment to help start up the family.
5. Education and medical treatments were free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25% of Libyans were literate. During his reign the figure was 83%.
6. If Libyans wanted to take up a farming career, they received farm land, a farming house, farming equipment, seeds and livestock to kick-start their farms – all for free.
7. If Libyans couldn’t find the education or medical facilities they needed in Libya, the government funded them to go abroad for it – not only free but they got US $2, 300/mth accommodation and car allowance.
8. In Libyan during the Gaddafi’s reign, if a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidized 50% of the price.
9. The price of petrol in Libya was $0.14 per liter in Gaddafi time.
10. Libya had no external debt and its reserves amounted to $150 billion – now frozen globally.
11. If a Libyan was unable to get employment after graduation the state would pay the average salary of the profession as if he or she were employed until employment was found.
12. A portion of Libyan oil sale was, credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.
13. A mother who gave birth to a child received US $5,000.
14. 40 loaves of bread in Libya costed $ 0.15 during Gaddafi’s reign.
15. 25% of Libyans had a university degree , during Gaddafi reign.
16. Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Man-Made River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country.
If this is called “Dictatorship” I wonder what type of Leadership Democrats have. MAY THE SOUL OF ONE GREAT SON OF AFRICA REST IN PEACE.